Friday, May 22, 2015

Who Am I and Why Am I Writing This Blog?

Hi, and welcome. My name is Janell, and I am a woman of many interests and (hopefully) talents, a renaissance soul if you will.

One of the things I like to do is write. I have published many articles, mostly on breastfeeding, pregnancy, and homeschooling. I also published a book last year with Praeclarus Press about long/natural term breastfeeding called To Three and Beyond: Stories of Breastfed Children and the Mothers Who Love Them.




However, with my breastfeeding days behind me, I want to do more writing about all of the other things that interest me, and friend, my interests are vast and varied and continue to grow.

As I said, I love to write. Nonfiction is great, but I want to put more love and work into fiction as well (I've dreamed of being a novelist since I was a wee 14-year-old). Paranormal fiction and fantasy are my favorite to-read genres, and I hope to someday have a place among the fantastic writers I have come across. It goes without saying that I love to read.


I have a degree in zoology because once upon a time I wanted to be a marine biologist. I still love animals, and sometimes our house seems like a mini zoo. Right now, we are down to only 2 cats and 2 dogs with visions of a puppy in our future for our 8-year-old daughter.



I am an editor by trade, and that is all right, but I am trying to break into fiction editing to make it more enjoyable.

I love video games and have a YouTube channel dedicated to family gaming. Minecraft is awesome. What can I say?


I love crafting and occasionally sell homemade jewelry like this.



I love art and can often be found sketching, painting, or discovering new techniques.

I've been taking goju ryu karate for two years (I recently earned my green belt) and just started longsword training through a historical medieval martial arts school. I love both.

Despite being obese or perhaps because of it, I spend a lot of time studying food and nutrition and trying to find a balance with all of the options out there, including health and ethical concerns.

I am a wife and a mother. These brings my interests related to family, homeschooling, autism, and all of my kids' interests into play.

All of these things define me as do many other things. I hope you'll join me on the ride as I learn, ponder, and experience, taking dips here and there and sometimes going in whole hog on different topics and themes.

Thus is the life of a renaissance soul.


2 comments:

  1. From one renaissance soul to another, welcome to blog-land. I look forward to your varied musings! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your views, but please keep in mind that hateful or unrelated comments will not be approved.